It comprises national newspapers, regional newspapers, English dailies, vernacular papers, consumer magazines, trade journals, technical journals, professional journals, directories and yearbooks.
Advantages of Newspapers Advertising:
1. In-depth coverage
3. Results assessable (coupons)
4. Improved printing due to availability of better technology
5. Cheapest in per capita viewing
6. Flexibility of immediate insertion
Disadvantages of Newspapers:
1. Short shelf life, newspapers are read only once.
2. Poorly print limits creativity
3. Ad space may be expensive, Passive medium (people are not forced to see and read)
4. No audio-video element
5. Less up to-date in news coverage
6. A literacy (literate but finding an arduous activity)
7. Your ad to compete against the clutter of other advertisers
8. Targeting difficult
9. Competitors can immediately react to your ads.