The term junk food itself defines to the foods that do no good to your body and they are completely unimportant to the body. Junk foods have no or very less nutritional value and irrespective of the way they are marketed, they are not healthy to consume.
Most of them are high in saturated fats and sugar components and also excess of salts and lack any fiber. The only reason of their gaining popularity and increased trend of consumption is that they are ready to eat or easy to cook foods.
Also the ease of manufacturing and consumption makes the junk food market spread its influence so rapidly. People, of all age groups are moving towards junk food as it is hassle free and often ready to grab and eat.
Soft drinks, chips, wafers, noodles, pizza, burgers, French fries etc. are few examples from the vast variety of fast food available in the market.
Let us discuss some ill-effects of consuming fast food:
1. The characteristic of fast food is to cause a spike in the energy levels and hence luring one back to eat up another makes it even more harmful. This eating pattern is likely to cause aggravated energy levels that fail to come down even at sleep time in the night and result in sleeping disorders.
2. Moodiness is another implication of regular consumption of junk food.
3. Reduced levels of concentration can result from eating junk food.
4. The most common bad effect is obesity which has become very common even amongst children aged as low as 3-5 years and causes many other chronic diseases and hormonal imbalances in the obese person.
5. Heart diseases, increased levels of blood pressure and sugar are more likely to happen if the person is a regular consumer of oily junk foods.
6. Since junk foods are not easy to digest and consume larger amounts of energy from the body in the process, people consuming them experience lack of oxygen levels which gradually causes the brain to function poorly.
7. Not only heart, but liver can be damaged due to excessive cholesterol formed in the body due to junk food habits.
8. More people are diabetic early in life because they eat junk food more often.
9. No fiber in junk food means strain on stomach and digestive system resulting in problem of constipation.
All the points discussed about junk food above lead us to conclude that junk food does all harm to your heath without providing any health benefits. In order to enjoy good health and a happy life, it is important to cut down on junk foods.
Nutrition experts have researched the bad affects of junk food and come to the conclusion that junk food manufacturing companies are fooling the people by showing deceptive ads that market show junk food as healthy. We must substitute junk food with healthier food like fruits and vegetables.
A junk food fanatic has to suffer the ill-effects of eating it in high quantities .So the next time you think of grabbing that burger, hotdog, pizza, samosa, kachoris or even ice creams in a restaurant, eating joint or a party, stop your instincts and look for some healthier food options instead.