1. Sec. 351 defines “Assault”.
2. The number of accused may be one or more.
3. The offence of Assault is included in Chapter-XVI “Offences relating to human body”.
4. There is no physical contact.
5. Punishment: 3 Months or fine upto Rs. 500/- or with both. (Sec. 352).
6. Assault is concerned with the accused and victim
7. It is lighter offence compared with Rioting.
8. Illustrations: [write illustrations of Sec.35 & case-laws
1. Sec. 146 defines “Rioting”.
2. The number of accused must be five or more persons. It is an unlawful assembly.
3. The offence of Rioting is included in Chapter- VIII “Offences against the Public Tranquility”.
4. There is physical contact with violence.
5. Punishment: Two years or with fine or both. (Sec. 147).
6. Rioting is concerned with the public peace.
7. It is serious offence than assault.
8. Illustrations: [write case-laws pertaining to Rioting]