Practice this exercise for improving your Comprehension reading skills. In order to be healthy, there are some precautions that we should take. Malaria fever is brought into our bodies by the bites of mosquitoes. And mosquitoes breed in foul and stagnant water. We should, therefore, try and get rid of pools of dirty water that are near our houses. Even very small pools, old tins or broken pots can hold enough water for mosquitoes to breed in. We should, therefore, get rid of all these.
In case of large pools, it is good to pour a small quantity of kerosene oil into them from time to time; the oil will spread all over the pool, and form a thin layer over the surface of the water, and prevent the mosquitoes from breeding. At night, we should, if possible, use nets to prevent the mosquitoes from biting.
Read the above passage carefully and answer the questions given below:
1. How is malaria caused?
2. Why it is bad to have pools of water near our houses?
3. What should we do if we have large pools of water near our house?
4. How can we protect we body from mosquitoes at night?
1. Malaria is caused by mosquito bites.
2. Mosquitoes breed in pools of stagnant water. They bite us and thus fever is caused. If spools of water do not exist, there will be no mosquito-breeding and hence, no danger of malaria
3. We should pour kerosene oil over the surface of water from time to time. Kerosene oil stops breeding of mosquitoes.
4. We can protect our bodies from the mosquito bites at night by using mosquito-nets.